rsh/ssmtp/cron problem

I'm using cron to schedule a script that will rsh out to a box and gather
system information. This information is then parsed in the script and then
emailed to me. The script works fine when I'm logged into the Win2k member
server as the domain administrator - I manually start cron in bash and it
executes the script just as expected. However, I want to be able to use
srvany to have cron execute as a win2k service. If I start the srvany
service as the domain administrator account (which I'm using to manually
start cron when logged in) I will get the following messages on standard
error when cron executes the script:

rsh: shell/tcp: unknown service
ssmtp: can't open the smtp port (25) on 10.1.10.1

If I access NetBIOS network resources from cron running under srvany the
same way as above, it works:
#!/bin/bash
/c/WINNT/system32/net view \\\\servername 2>&1 outfile

Has anyone seen this or know of a workaround? It seems to only be affecting
winsock applications.

Thanks for any help.