Re: cygrunsrv fails to start

Hi All...

>From: Fred Yankowski <fred@ontosys.com>
>To: Karl M <karlm30@hotmail.com>
>CC: cygwin@cygwin.com
>Subject: Re: cygrunsrv fails to start
>Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:23:24 -0500
>
>It looks like failure of StartServiceCtrlDispatcherA() would not be
>reported currently, given that error() writes to stderr and that
>stream is useless in this case.  However, it's hard to see how that
>API could fail in some cases and not others.

I also put logging to a file just in front of the call to
StartServiceCtrlDispatcherA. And...When it works, it works (and I get
logging from service_main and main). When it fails I get nothing. So it
looks like we don't even get to the call for StartServiceCtrlDispatcherA
when it fails.

To me this looks more and more like someone doesn't like loading the
cygwin1.dll or something like that? I don't know what else to try right now.
I'm open to ideas.

>Your questions about possible problems in loading the cygwin1.dll
>occurred to me too, but I don't know anywhere near enough about Cygwin
>to suggest how to explore that possibility.

Thanks,

...Karl