Re: About Cygwin 1.0 (check out http://cygwin.com/bugs.html )

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 09:03:49AM +1000, Craig McGeachie wrote:
>My only is Ctl-C handling in bash, but since I have a usable work
>around, I am yet another who hasn't bothered to fire up gdb and try
>to debug it.  Mea culpa.

You realize that this is one of many "Cygwin is really really really
really really really really really great, but..." messages, right?

What Ctrl-C handling are you complaining about?  I just searched the
archives and I've seen nothing from you about this subject.  Or, at
least there was nothing for the last couple of months.

People, if you are going to refer to a problem, think about it from
my perspective.  It is really frustrating to hear "Everything is
perfect except for the <insert vague problem here>".

As you mentioned.  I like to fix problems in Cygwin, especially when
they fall into my domain.  I can't do that if 99% of the bug reports
here are crap.

"Ctl-C handling in bash doesn't work."

"It didn't work in setup 2.54 so I dropped back to 2.29 and everything
was peachy.  I hope that helps."

DJ wrote a nice entry for the cygwin web page on reporting problems:

http://cygwin.com/bugs.html

It would be nice if everyone took a second to look at this page and
maybe think about what the page is talking about.

I understand human nature is that, since providing details is hard, few
people will do it.  I really really wish that I had a magic wand that I
could wave to make people use their heads when they start to mention
problems in passing.  Either don't mention the problem at all or PROVIDE
DETAILS.  Don't assume that everyone knows what you're talking about.

I dunno.  The people on this mailing list are really really really great
but...

cgf