Re: working column/pipe key

> ?
>
> $ |||

the really hilarious thing is that <Shift>-\ (meant to form a broken pipe
on UK) works in vim and most things take control of the keyboard and as
does <Alt-Gr>-`, but not in bash (not running in rxvt. ) then if you run
it in rxvt <alt-gr> stops working completely and the <shift>-\ becomes a
full pipe. I can live with this. I suppose this confirms that the
problem's an alt-gr/meta issue?

Another comedy thing is even if you pass the normal bash a |, (or for
that matter a broken |,) it just ignores it... (explaining why the perl
scripts fail. although I would seriously try running the perl scripts
from rxvt, where the bash again recognises the pipe.)

--
Alright. Own up. Who swallowed it this time?

art27@cam.ac.uk - Assistant Technical Director - Queens' Bats