todays update affect on telnet, rlogin & rsh

I downloaded a new setup, ran it, and then tried rsh/telnet/rlogin.
I ran iu-config, which I had never run it before, but it did ask me if I
wanted
to overwrite each of the files it wanted to generate....

telent & rlogin complained something about the shell /bin/bash not being
found.
The setup run reset my / mount to user, I suppose because I
selected only me and not system. So now I know I want system when I run
setup...
I reset the / mount to system, stopped and started inetd, and telent and
rlogin
work again.
rsh still fails with can't fork; try again.

If I run rshd from the command line, rsh no longer works, it just hangs.

-Mark