system mount of / does it, wasRE: inetd as a microsoft service can't find /etc/inetd.conf

Exactly the cruxt of issue again, thankyou.

telnet and rlogin now work to inetd running as a service.

rsh however come back with the error message:
can't fork; try again.

(rsh did work if inetd was not started as a service)

tryint    rsh ntbox "export SYSTREMROOT=C:\WINNT; <command>"
doesn't help in this case.
Any ideas?

-Thanks again, Mark