Urgent problem with Postgres

Dear sirs,
 My name is Nick Jascanu and I'm teacher at University of Galati
from Romania. I've recently download your last version of Cygwin
with Postgresql included.

When I give the command : initdb -D ~/pgsql/data   it hangs up
when tries to Create template1.

Why ????? If you have time please describe me the hole process
of running the postgresql under cygwin. I've read all the documents
from Postgresql and I Know how to install it under Linux.

Thanks for your time.
Nick Jascanu
:: Nicolae JASCANU ::

email: nicolae.jascanu@ugal.ro