Re: 1.1.8: bug in \\ handling in absolute fns

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 05:00:13PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
>I have found that when I do:
>
>mkdir /x
>touch /x/y		# ok
>touch /x\\z		# fails
>touch d:/cygwin/x\\z	# ok
>cd /x
>touch z			# ok
>touch ./z		# ok
>touch .\\z		# ok
>
>I get the results as mentioned.  This causes a newer gcc to fail to
>work, as libiberty uses \ to separate names in my toolchain, and TEMP
>is set by cygwin to /cygdrive/c/TEMP.  And this combination doesn't
>work, as mentioned above.  This worked in B19.  While libiberty could
>be made to not do this, or to canonicalize the pathnames, I feel that
>this is the wrong approach.

If libiberty is using backslashed filenames under Cygwin, that's a bug.
Do you know what particular function is incorrectly using backslashes?

Our customers requested that backslashes in filenames be treated as
native MS-DOS paths and so that change was incorporated into cygwin last
year.  So, I'm not surprised that a hybrid usage like /a\b would fail.
That would be translated to x:\a\b on the current drive.

cgf