Re: more info on cvs

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 02:29:35PM -0400, Heitzso wrote:
>After reading FAQ/Doc I'm noting that goal of Cygwin is for all
>programs to run under cmd.exe with backslashed file names just fine.

Cygwin does work fine with backslashed file names.  This does not mean
that individual utilities understand backslashed file names.  If the
utility comes from UNIX it is unlikely that it will handle backslashed
filenames correctly.

We don't guarantee that every package maintainer will take the
not-insubstantial amount of time required to adapt a package to MS-DOS
pathnames.

cgf