RE: Some comments about the current release

Hello Robert,

Thanks for the comments.

- Oops. I should have asked you to provide a null
libpthread.a library (no s).

- Perhaps my makefiles were broken in assuming
libpthread.a is the library name, but it DOES
seem to be commonly used for POSIX threads.
Why not make life easier for people like
me with "broken" makefiles?  Of course, using
autoconf, I corrected the problem so it is
no longer a problem for me.

- I appreciate the improved pthreads support. It seems
to function well for the functions I am using.
I tried using pthreads in 1.1.5 and saw that it
was there, but it lacked pthread_cancel(), which
is why I upgraded to 1.3.1.

- My problem with winsock2.h is that I have part
of the program that is strictly Microsoft (the
part that makes apcupsd a service, handles the tray
icon, and the dialog boxes for the tray) and
a part that is Unix, which is the vast majority
of the program.  I know the problem isn't simple
but I just wanted to mention it.

I hope someone can find a solution for the performance
problems with version 1.3.1 cygwin1.dll that I mentioned.

Best regards,

Kern