mkfifo -where is it ?

Hi !
Recently I decided to build xwpe packet taken from Red Hat Power Tools.
Everything seems to work... but without debuging. To build packet I had
to comment
few lines in one module which calls "mkfifo" function. Utilizing xwpe
without debuging is
without sense. As I inspected there are calls to "mkfifo" in different
files of cygwin
distribution but this function seems to be absent in any dll's or other
library of cygwin. There is only mkfifo.exe in /usr/bin.
Does cygwin really not support mkfifo ?

Jacek