Re: no cron in cygwin?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:45:29PM +0800, Greg Matheson wrote:
> I wanted to upload files to an NT server on which I have
> installed cywin, by running an expect script on it as a cron job,
> but I see there is no cron in cygwin.

I have once written a cron for an older version of Cygwin  and
only for NT but it should still run. I haven't looked at it for
two years but it might be useful anyway.

ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Vinschen_Corinna/B20/

The problem with cron is the problem of all applications which
want to change the user context in NT. They need the password.
That cron solves the problem by maintaining a DES encrypted copy
of the passwords.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.