Re: sftp

Hi All...

I have an sftp problem also. It works on some hosts but not on others. See
the (sanitized) response below. Both host2 and host3 are win2k boxes and so
is host1.

user@host1 ~
$ sftp host2
Connecting to host2...
user@host2's password:
sftp> exit

user@host1 ~
$ sftp host3
Connecting to host3...
user@host3's password:
Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0
Connection closed

This problem has existed since before we did the "use pipes" fix to sshd.
This pushes the differences in behavior to the sshd side of the link.

Any thoughts?

For now I use scp because that works on all of my hosts.

Thanks,

...Karl