From: DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>
To: cgf@redhat.com
Subject: [hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net: errors on downloading using both FTP, and setup]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:14:43 -0500

From: "Gregg C Levine" <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
To: <dj@delorie.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:46:40 -0500
Disposition-Notification-To: "Gregg C Levine" <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>

Hello again from Gregg C Levine normally with Jedi Knight Computers
I just completed downloading the current contents of the latest, and
contrib directories from the Sources Redhat locations, both mirrored,
and otherwise. When I reached the last two ones, Zip, and Zlib, or
zip, zlib, if you prefer, the setup program gave me an error message,
that it was unable to download those two from the mirror that I chose.
What's more, when I followed the usual procedures to repeat the
process, and hence complete it, using setup, it said that it was
unable to get a mirror listing, or that it could not get a setup file
from the mirror location that I chose. Which was
ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com Also when I first went to the standard
location to try to manually download the files I received a 550 error
which was explained as file is marked 'unretrievable'. But it was
marked as retrievable on the mirror site. This happened on several
different occasions, by the way. Not just now.
- ----
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to General Obi-Wan Kenobi (Perhaps
one of the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to Master Yoda
(Perhaps the other one of the most powerful of all of the Jedi
Knights))
And the favorite line by Anonymous "May the Force be with you."
This space is reserved for future activities of the Borg, "Resistance
is Futile."

----- End forwarded message -----