stdout under MSDOS?

    Hi.  I am using (very successfully, congratulations to the folks
at cygnus!) cygwin to port a rather Unix big application to Windows
(it is Prolog compiler + ancillary tools:
http://clip.dia.fi.upm.es/Software/Ciao).  It always went really
smooth, but for a problem: I am unable to see the standard output of
a, say, "hello, world!" program in the MS-DOS console.  The program
starts up and finishes, but printing does not seem to come out (it
works just fine double clicking on it, or starting it from the cygnus
console).

    Am I doing anything fundamentally wrong?  In case it helps, I am
using the latest CygWin release (but it did not work with a previous
one, either), and I need that in order to write CGIs to be used from
an Apache Web Server or a Microsoft Information Server.

    Thanks to all,

        MCL