Help!

Dear adressee,

I am sorry for this Subject, but we really need to draw some conclusions on
the following topic soon.

We are a Dutch software company that took the decision to adopt most of the
open source protocols, the GNU environment, because we wanted (a) to
support portability, particularly betwen Windows and UNIX platforms, and
(b) a good environment that developers feel happy with.

However, our company has to live from software sales, so we cannot deliver
our own source code to customers. For this reason we chose to compile with
Mingwin instead of Cygwin libraries after we read the license constraints
for Cygwin, and found out that we couldn't get the debugger (gdb) to work
under Windows 98/NT/2000, neither the tool we thought we could use for
memory leaks: MPatrol.

I am ever so willing to spend money on a good development platform with
support, but found out that there is no place to get that. So my main
question now is: is it possible to get a complete and working package of
software (gcc,gdb,cvs,mpatrol, etc.) on a commercial basis that allows us
to sell software products without having to deliver our own source code? Of
course we have no problem to deliver the source code that comes from the
GPL, it is our own software we have to protect.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,

Joop van Gent
CEO Irion Technologies BV