Re: It sounds like I'm bashing Cygwin, but I'm not...

> The point I've been trying to make in my recent messages is that
> many useful software packages have been "marginalized" because their
> maintainers did not devote enough effort to making them accessible
> to end users.

Unfortunately, the core maintainers (mostly Chris) need to spend
larger and larger percentages of their efforts coordinating other
contributors, and eventually just can't contribute themselves any
more.  Volunteers are also needed *just* to coordinate other
volunteers!  There are so many ways that people can help...

> An off-the-wall idea.... I wonder if O'Reilly would be willing to
> publish a book about Cygwin.

First, you'd have to write the book.  I've talked with people who have
published with O'Reilly - and O'Reilly doesn't write the book, they
help *you* write the book.  And if we got that far, we might as well
just put the book on the web.