It sounds like I'm bashing Cygwin, but I'm not...

I tend to come off very harshly in E-mail, and I want to apologize for
that.  I think Cygwin is a very cool tool and I appreciate the time
and effort that has gone into its development and the time and effort
that people take to participate in this mailing list.

The point I've been trying to make in my recent messages is that
many useful software packages have been "marginalized" because their
maintainers did not devote enough effort to making them accessible to
end users.  I worry that Cygwin is going down that path.

Having written and/or maintained several free software packages, I
understand that finding people to write and maintain documentation is
always harder than finding people to write and maintain code.  But
it's an effort which must be made if Cygwin is to reach its full
potential....

An off-the-wall idea.... I wonder if O'Reilly would be willing to
publish a book about Cygwin.  Heck, if they can come up with enough
material to fill a whole book about SSH, surely they can do the same
for Cygwin!  And with the prospect of actually making some money,
perhaps it might be easier to find someone to take the time to write
and maintain comprehensive documentation.

  jik