Re: Confirm or deny.

L Anderson wrote:

> I'm trying to understand, clarify, and document a problem I have
> encountered with the latest version of cygwin and it would be of great
> help if someone would confirm or deny something about cygwin for me.
>
> It's my understanding from all I've read that cygwin is designed to run
> under a number of shells including, specifically, bash and
> Dos/Win98(command.com--I'm running Win98), albeit with  slightly
> different behavior.  In other words, can I expect cygwin to function
> Unixishly in a cygwin window and Dosishly in a Dos/Win98 window?

Cygwin understands both sets of paths.  It will correctly map C:/temp,
C:\TEMP from command.com.  It will correctly map C:/temp, C:\\TEMP from
bash.  It will correctly map /cygdrive/c/temp from both.  Your problems
will come from non-Cygwin programs that don't understand Cygwin's mount
table.

> I have searched the faqs, user documents, etc. and can find nothing that
> claims otherwise.

Right.

> Thanks,
>
> Lowell Anderson
>
> <comic relief>
> I've been programming for over 35 years so I hope this doesn't get me
> removed from the list or preclude me from getting an answer.
> </comic relief>

LOL,
Earnie