Re: setup

Jim Balter wrote:

> I have a symlink from /bin to /usr/bin.
> Setup tells me that it is going to delete /usr/bin to
> put a directory there.  Aside from that being a dumb
> thing to do when it is already a symlink to a directory,
> there isn't even a cancel button on the popup.  Of course,
> if there were a cancel button, I suppose it would just
> exit the program like the cancel button on the download
> popup does, instead of going to the previous state
> like any *sensible* program would do.  I can't imagine that
> this thing goes through any sort of QA; certainly none of
> the QA engineers I know would allow this sort of user interface
> to pass.

If *you* can do it better, then please *do*.  Submit a patch, complete
the assignment forms and your patch will be gratefully considered.  Oh,
and don't forget to have *your* QA engineers test it.

That aside, why would you change the way setup installed it in the first
place?  Especially, if you plan to use the same tool to upgrade your
software.

Earnie.