Re: openssh ssh using bash loses control of terminal

Charles Wilson wrote:

> > Be sure to `export TERMINFO='~/.terminfo'' in order for tic to put this
> > in your home directory.  Chuck, you needed to include all dependency
> > definitions.  Dependencies can be found from a search of `use='.
>
> Hmmm...I thought that if tic could not write to the system default
> terminfo database, then it used ~/.terminfo as a fallback automatically.
> Ditto for programs that use ncurses: I thought they looked in the system
> location AND in ~/.terminfo without the need for a special TERMINFO
> variable setting.  Am I wrong?

It's most likely implementation specific.  I tried your example on HP-UX
and it tried to write to /usr/share/lib/terminfo and of course I don't
have write access to that directory.  I specified the TERMINFO variable
to ~/.terminfo and it wrote out the data.

> w.r.t. dependency definitions, I thought I had included all the necessary
> ones.  I'll check again.

I have better luck, leaving the TERM setting on Cygwin side as cygwin
and changing the TERM setting on the remove side to one that is commonly
available for that system. E.G.: export TERM=xterms.

Cheers,
Earnie.