FW: [postmaster@sourceware] RE: [ANN]: automake-1.4

Corinna Vinschen writes:

>I want to announce automake-1.4 which is in latest since yesterday.
>So it should be mirrored by all mirrors already.
>
>I just added the hint for setup, that it's a test version. This
>information still isn't mirrored, though.
>
>automake-1.4 is marked as test version because it depends on perl
>which is still marked as test version either.
>
>I decided to upload automake because I think that the perl
>package is stable enough to get along with automake.

Thank you Corinna,

IMO This will make Cygwin ported applications much
more accessible to the less technically inclined.

FYI
There still seems to be a problem with distributions checked
out from a CVS repository onto a text mounted drive when
Cygwin is installed as binary.   The only work around I have found
is to run the Makefile.am files through a Dos2Unix filter prior to
invoking automake.

This was not a problem with the Perl that Charles Wilson was distributing
and the gnu distibution of automake, or tarball source distributions.

Does anyone know what the difference might be between the two Perl
distributions that is causing this ?

I tried looking at the Perl source but got 'lost' quickly.

Cheers

Norman Vine