Re: Cygwin commands crashes after ssh login

Hi!

Tuesday, 16 January, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

CF> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 08:08:18PM +0300, Egor Duda wrote:
>>btw, did you notice that if you try to login to _different_ account in
>>this configuration, sending SIGINT by pressing Ctrl-C from client side
>>doesn't work?
>>
>>i've traced this situation down some time ago, and the reason appeared
>>to  be  with  access  rights  to  "sigcatch"  semaphore.  is there any
>>workaround (except starting sshd under LocalSystem)?

CF> What's this?  Actual information from someone who has *debugged* the
CF> problem?

it  turned  out  that  i've actually skipped  the  most important part
of debugging  process  --  thinking  an acquired result over :) Thanks
to Corinna's hint, i see now that cygwin behaves exactly as it should.

CF> Surely you meant to say something like "I know, I can't even use
CF> CTRL-C!  What's up with that?  I had to drop back to B19!"  Mentioning
CF> low level things like the "sigcatch" semaphore is way too much info.

i've almost sent annotated strace log along with my letter, by stopped
myself. *that* would be dangerous trend indeed :-)

CF> You're starting a dangerous trend, Egor.  Watch out.

:-)  Do   you  mean  i'm provoking "DDoS attack" on sourceware cvs, as
everyone immediately start checking out cygwin sources? :-)