What do these errors mean?

I have started the startxwin.bat from windows explorer, from the bash shell
and the cmd prompt on my win 2000, sony laptop.  I get these messages time
and again.  What do they mean?

XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server
"127.0.0.1:0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

--------------------
Error Box:

Cannot find the file 'vtwm' (or one of its components). Make sure the path
and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

Richard Werner
Technical Consultant
Virtue Broadcasting
31 - 32 Eastcastle Street