Newbie installation problems

Hi

I tried to download and install cygwin on many different
ways with no success.
Setup.exe hangs after  Next when all packages are listed
in the setup window. Same problem if I try install or download.

If I put the packages and teh setup program in a temporary
directory, as mentioned on the download.html page, setup
shows the message:

can`t open /latest/ash/ash....tar.gz for reading. No such file
(Similar message for all other packages)

Same problem if I create these directories and put the files
there. I tried it on several machines.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Thank in advance

Berni