Re: new install of cygwin with pdksh doesn't work

* Fri 2000-12-22 Markus Hoenicka <Markus.Hoenicka@uth.tmc.edu> list.cygwin
| I don't use CVS here. Is there a specific reason why do you run it in
| DOS under NT Emacs?  Bash and ash run just fine as interactive and
| non-interactive shells in NT Emacs.

I run both: DOS and BASH shells and sometimes I forgot.

And pcl-cvs.el, runs Emacs call-process, which I think is native 98
kernel, and CVS yanks the ^M to the perfect unix-files that I store in
Linux end.

I hate it :-) I want always plain \n, no matter what platform
I use CVS on.

I have to push the CVS developers more to really understand that
"automatic" and non-user-controllable end-of-line conversions
are bad.

Maybe they hear if I request it long enough, or find the time
to offer them a patch...time to go clone myself to get more
job done.

Jari