cygwin windows reboot wrapper?

Hi,

Some questions on the cygwin product:
- Does the Cygwin library provide a reboot() wrapper to reboot
  a win32 host?  Otherwise I have some codes which handle that.
- Is my assumption correct that the cygwin.dll library will figure
  out the actual windows platform (win95 or winnt, etc.) and do the
  appropriate thing depending on the platform, say syslog support,
  etc.?
- If I package cygwin.dll and my .exe together and install it on
  a windows machine, but without the complete cygwin environment,
  how will this work?  '/' path translation, system () call, etc.?

I'm writing a device daemon which runs on unix and windows machines,
and I'm evaluating Cygwin to provide easy port to windows (I did
have to provide pthread condition variable support that's lacking in
Cygwin, since I use pthread_cond_signal only it's a bit easier to
roll my own).

Thanks.

p.s. if you wonder, yes, I'm the Jimmy Guo who worked on the GDB
     project for a unix vendor until recently ... and it's exciting
     to see names of the Cygwin maintainers that can be mapped
     to faces :)

- Jimmy Guo, mrjyg@yahoo.com