Re: CVS permissions problem with network drive

"Charles S. Wilson" wrote:

> The necessary right appears to be "Restore Files and Directories"
> (SeRestorePrivilege).  At least the following did not work:
>
> host user cwilson: member of 'Power Users', no additional rights
>   but this DID work:
> host user cwilson: membero of 'Power Users' + SeRestorePrivilege.
>
> (It's possible the necessary rights are SeRestorePrivilege + the rights
> granted by Power User status, as opposed to normal User).

Dadgummit.  Looks like I spoke too soon.  It is true that the preceeding
combination of rights will allow 'touch foo' to create a file with the
desired permissions (umask = 002 ---> -rw-rw-r-- foo) but I'm still
prevented from THEN doing a 'chmod 777 foo'.

> So: In order to access a CVS repository on an SMB share exported by an
> NT host, the user's account on the host must have the SeRestorePrivilege
> right.  However, this is dangerous:

This is bull.  Ignore.

--Chuck