RE: Bug in Cygwin-1.1.4 - cannot fork: No more processes

I have had the same problem.

It happens every time I run bash 2.04 latest version.

When first invoked after a reboot, bash exits with
this error:

C:\BIN\BASH.EXE: *** Sig proc MT init failed

      0 [unknown (0xFFE278D9)] ? 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 0, pinfo_mutex
0xFFFFFFFF, Win32 error 6

Subsequent invocations of bash succeed without
problem, but at random intervals when trying to
execute a command in the shell, the command will
fail and instead a message like this will occur

C:\BIN\BASH.EXE: *** Sig proc MT init failed

      0 [unknown (0xFFE2A047)] ? 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 0, pinfo_mutex
0xFFFFFFFF, Win32 error 6
      0 [main] BASH 1000 sync_with_child: child -1869325(0x8C) died before
initialization with status code 0x1
  42880 [main] BASH 1000 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
bash.exe: fork: No more processes

The same command when executed again will then
succeed without problem and everything will be
fine until the next error like this. It happens
after maybe every 50 or 100 commands.

I did not have this problem until quite recently.
I was able to run earlier versions of bash in
the same environment without observing this.
I am running Windows 98. It may have something
to do with the fact that I recently downloaded
the Windows NT port of COMMAND.EXE, though it
happens also if I run bash in the COMMAND.COM
shell.