Re: 1.1.4: Inconsistent i-node numbers

This also affects 'zsh', which uses its own implementation of getcwd().

Perhaps this issue belongs in the FAQ?

Is there any interest in making 'zsh' a standard Cygwin distributed
application?  A patch to 'zsh' would make this problem go away, and who
really wants to use 'bash'? :)

(While I'm on the topic, ispell would be a great addition too :)

Cheers,

Dave

> From:  Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com>
>
> This is a long-standing problem in cygwin.  Using real inode numbers in
> readdir would be expensive but using hashes for everything would be
imprecise.

> I've never heard of a great solution for this, unfortunately.
>
> cgf
>
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 04:01:03PM -0500, Boris Gjenero wrote:
> >NOTE:  I am not on the mailing list.  If you want to reach me, e-mail me.
> >
> >Stat returns Windows inode numbers on certain devices (fixed disks,
CD-ROMs,