Cygwin crashes when bash is called repeatedly from a .bat file

I have written about this problem before, but am still encountering the same errors.  I am using setup.exe version 2.29 to load cygwin-1_1_6-1.tar.gz and bash-2_04-4.tar.gz.

I have a DOS script that has run reliably for over a year.  I had to add some functionality that DOS couldn't support, so I created Unix shell scripts to do the additional functions, then modified the DOS script to execute the Unix shell scripts by using bash.  An example of the addition to the DOS script would be:
   bash <Unix shell script name> <arguments>

Everything works for several hours, but then Cygwin crashes.  The DOS script can no longer call the Unix shell scripts and I cannot start Cygwin from the desktop icon.  In both cases I see an error message "bash: fork: permission denied".  Sometimes I will get the message window saying that the initialization of the dynamic link library C:\winnt\system32\USER32.dll failed.  To recover I have to uninstall Cygwin, reboot my machine and reinstall Cygwin.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Craig Hayes
Lockheed Martin Corporation