Re: Trouble accessing functions in cygwin1.dll

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, 7 December 2000 18:05
Subject: Re: Trouble accessing functions in cygwin1.dll

> On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 04:40:21PM +1100, Peter Tersteeg wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to use cygwin in a VC++ project (not pleasant, but I don't have a
> >choice) and I'm trying to access several functions using LoadLibrary and
> >GetProcAddress.  I've used assertions to check that they are found
successfully,
> >but at runtime the program crashes when calling any of these functions.
> >

> It's not ok.  The fact that the program crashes should be a mild hint that
this
> is so.
>
> You can't call cygwin from a VC++ program unless you really really know what
> you're doing.  And even then, I'm not too sure.
>
> cgf

I'm not sure that I understand this statement.  My understanding of DLL's is
that they run are basically a library which any windows based compiler should be
able to link to.  It should be irrelevant what compiler is used, so long as it
supports the platform.

Does this mean that I have to build and run under the bash shell?  I'd prefer
not to be constrained by this if I can help it.

Thanks,

Peter Tersteeg.