flex + bison problem and upgrade to new cygwin version

Hello,
  I am using cygwin 1.1.4 for a long time.
  I tried now to use flex and bison and failed on parsing the files.
  probebly my problem is 0x15 (^M) problem.
  (I tried to replace them without any sucssess.)

  I want to ask:
  1) Does the last version od flex and bison solve such problem
     ( I didn't find in the archive but I rembeber i saw it in the list.)
  2) If I upgrade to latest do I need to re-compile my .exe ?
  3) What I have to backup if I want to go back to version 1.1.4?
     Only the install dir (c:\cygwin)
     or maybe more (like registry file or some other files)

   Thanks,

     Avraham