This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why does scp leave ssh running? -- select() never returns
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: Why does scp leave ssh running? -- select() never returns
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:40:15 -0500
- References: <3A22C383.5C16BBC8@delcomsys.com> <3A25C7DA.6F76C8DA@delcomsys.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 10:22:03PM -0500, Patrick Doyle wrote:
>So, a few questions...
>1) Is this behavior (of PeekNamedPipe()) a W9x bug? (That is, does it
>work correctly on NT/2K?)
I think you are correct. It is a w9x bug. I vaguely recall seeing this
I can't think of any way to work around this, unfortunately. I remember trying
things like zero byte reads on the pipe but they didn't do anything.
The only way to trigger the EOF is to actually read from the pipe.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org