This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Sound support
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: Sound support
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:01:22 -0500
- References: <F10D23B02E54D011A0AB0020AF9CEFE988FA69@lynx.ceddec.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 02:58:18PM -0500, Town, Brad wrote:
>Let's say you wanted to add UNIX-like sound capabilities to Cygwin (beyond
>the functions provided directly by Windows). What API would you duplicate?
>I know of two major APIs:
>The Linux 2.2 sound subsystem (OSS) -- http://www.linux.org.uk/OSS/
>Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) -- http://www.alsa-project.org/
>Did I miss an obvious one? Does anyone have any comments?
I'd go with alsa. It's supposed to be the default in linux kernels after
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org