RE: Exception problems-> this is a bug!

Earnie Boyd [] wrote:
> --- "Town, Brad" <> wrote:
> > I compiled using "g++ -g", and I'm seeing the
> behavior that Joost
> > mentioned.  gdb caught the exception and is currently pointing at an
> > assembly instruction between the last brace of the for loop
> and the last
> > brace of the try block: "mov (%edx),%ecx".
> >
> > I did have to tweak the source a bit to get it to run.  On
> my machine, I got
> > the message "couldn't dynamically determine load address for
> > 'CharToOemBuffA' (handle 0x0), Win32 error 127".  Putting a
> Sleep between
> > the two calls to CreateThread allows the program to run.
> Looks like the
> > assembly in needs to be thread-safe (just like
> the FIXME above
> > it says).
> >
> Well you went so far as to find where the bug is, why don't
> you supply the
> FIXME for it?

Why don't I?  Well, it's probably because I don't have any experience with
regular gcc assembly, much less making gcc assembly thread-safe.  And if
it's a compiler issue, forget it.

I apologize for not completely solving the problem, but I believed that,
given a little more information about the problem, others might be willing
to help, too.

Brad Town

Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to