potential cygwish80 problem

I've recently installed the "latest" cygwin as downloaded on Nov. 5 from
the ftp.sunsite.utk.edu mirror site.

Installation went smoothly.  The installation appears to be much-improved
over
the "B20.1" that I've been running to date.  In fact, I liked everything I
saw until
I started building and testing my personal development tree.

All proper programs (C/C++) seem to work fine.

Simple shell scripts seem to work fine.

The problem I've observed is with sh/wish scripts, described in the
remainder.

Note that I've set up /usr/local/bin/wish.exe as a symbolic link to
/bin/cygwish80.exe

I've got several sh scripts that invoke "wish" via "exec", so the first few
lines look like so:

	#!/bin/sh

	# \
	exec wish "$0" "$@"

	.
	.
	.

When I execute an example script named "plotmeas", I get the following
dialog.

 <<...>>

I've noted a few observations on commands that I tried and that either work
or
don't work when run fom the bash command-line prompt:

command:	> wish /home/karl/swDev/dist/scripts/plotmeas
result:		same dialog pops up

command:	> wish `cygpath -w /home/karl/swDev/dist/scripts/plotmeas`
result:		works fine

command(s):	> cd /home/karl/swDev/dist/scripts
		> wish plotmeas
result:		works fine

command(s):	> cd /home/karl
		> wish swDev/dist/scripts/plotmeas
result:		works fine

So the problem appears to be that cygwish80 cannot seem to interpret a
full (absolute) pathname when it is passed as the first parameter.  This is
the way that the pathname is passed by the "exec" line in my script(s).

Relative pathnames and "windows" style pathnames seem to work OK.

So, is there an installation setting or configuration step that I've missed?

I'd rather not be forced to edit my scripts, since my development tree
supports
both CYGWIN and LINUX development.

Thanks in advance for your response . . .

Karl

Karl E. North
Photogrammetric Engineer

Surdex Corporation