Re: [SETUP WORKS AGAIN] setup.exe v2.22 was boken with package without number.

> Mmmm! my cygwin tools work again and my W2K box is now complete.
> Thanks a lot ...

You're welcome!

> But just one word, now you check that all required packages are
> present during install. It's a good thing but you also check for
> contrib packages and warn user if they are missing. From my point of
> view, contrib (contribution) are packages that are of interest for
> users but not required (as opposite to standard or 'latest').

Setup doesn't care which directories packages come from.  The
contrib/latest split is there mostly for us to manage incoming
packages.  If you look at the README in setup's sources, you'll see
this:

  ini.cc: add field in setup.ini to specify whether package is
  installed by default, or not.

Until someone volunteers to add that feature, setup treats all
packages the same.