bash exiting problem fixed?

My fingers will never be the same, but I managed to reproduce the bash
exiting problem on my system with some degree of reliability.  It only
took typing 'sleep 2' and then CTRL-P, CTRL-M about 100 times every time
I wanted to duplicate it.

The problem seems to be caused by bash's inability to handle two commands
in a row returning the same pid.  Windows NT can do this occasionally.
Windows 95 can do it repeatably.  I guess some people's versions of
Windows NT can do it more than occasionally.

In the scenario where two successive commands return the same pid, bash
does not reset the tty's process group to itself and the next attempt
to read from the tty results in an error, which causes an exit.

Guess what?  I'd already fixed this for Windows 95.

So, please try tonight's snapshot.  I've just started a rebuild going
for it now (2000-10-21 1:03AM), so it won't be available for a while.
To verify, before you download the snapshot, check the ChangeLog.  The
ChangeLog has to have this entry in it:

        * fork.cc (fork_parent): Avoid returning same pid twice in a row
        regardless of OS.

or my proposed fix won't be in the DLL.

Please send email to the cygwin mailing list if this does or doesn't
solve the problem, along with a cygcheck -r -s -v, of course.

I think I'm going to go soak my hands in some hot water now...

cgf