Re: Binary package CVS using OpenSSH hang under Win98...

--On Thurs, Oct 12, 2000 7:35 AM -0400 Steve Baker <sbaker@aol.net> wrote:

> Has there been a progress on resolving this? Or does anyone have a
> workaround?

Thanks for the report wrt WinCVS.  You seem to imply that WinCVS is using
cygwin's openSSH?  Or does it use a non-cygwin build of openSSH?  (I have
no idea if openSSH builds non-cygwin.)

disclaimer: I haven't tried the latest snapshot yet, where Chris fixed some
signal problems.

I think making progress here is going to require building a debuggable ssh
(and cvs?), possibly on the server side as well.  I'm not aware that anyone
has done this yet, and that's IMHO why the bug hasn't yet been squashed.
Don't expect the official cygwin crew to do it...it seems that it's not a
high enough priority for them right now, which I agree with.  Note that
this bug manifests itself only on win9x, not NT.  (Chuck, is that still
accurate?)

I've been meaning to give it a shot, but I've been swamped as I've recently
gotten married and transitioned from student to real-world employee.  After
my house guests leave this weekend, I intend to get back to debugging this
problem.  But please, feel free to beat me to the punch.

-jeff