Re: dllwrap and excluded symbols

> Does that mean that I can't have my dll load other dll's implicitly?
> Do I have write my own DllMainCRTStartup function that will load in
> crtdll and msvcrt?

The problem you are seeing has nothing to do with loading dlls, either
implicitly or explicitly.

Every DLL needs to have an "entry point" (like main() in a C program).
Windows calls this entry point when *it* loads the DLL, so that the
DLL can initialize itself.  NOBODY ELSE calls these entry points, so
exporting them is *dangerous*.  Thus, the linker knows to ignore the
"common" entry point names.

You should write an entry point function, but if you don't *and* link
with libcygwin.a, one will be provided for you.  If you don't use
cygwin, I don't know what mingw does for you.