Re: ifconf

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, friedman_hill ernest j wrote:

> I have been developing named pipe support for cygwin which I hope to
> submit for inclusion in a future version. I have finally gotten
> my employer to sign away the rights to the code, so I will hopefully
> be sharing it with the list soon.
>
> Note that despite the name, the semantics of UNIX FIFOs and Win32
> named pipes are completely different, so you can't use win32 named
> pipes to emulate FIFOs.

Yes I know. In my own port of named pipe support i wanted to make use of
NT's ability to share named pipes over M$ network. But unfortunaly i ran
into problems with it because there are no programs actually using that
kerneld feature which could tell how to do. Another point is that named
pipes cannot be used in Win9x and WinME. Anyway you'll find the symbols in
kerneld. Thus you wont need different binaries...

I would be *very* interested in what you have !!!

stefan@lkcc.org