Re: DLL naming conventions

Robert Collins wrote:
> Personally I think that a mingw32 libpng should be useable by cygwin gcc AND
> cygwin distributed binaries, given that they are the same version... (and
> that should be part of the naming convention).

How do you want to overcome the problems in using common stuff,
say, stdio?

Libraries do use other libraries. Many libraries are depending on
libc calls for example. If you compile your lib for Mingw32 use,
your library will require msvcrt library for stdio stuff while
the same library compiled for Cygwin requires cygwin1 for the same
functions.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.