Re: Instructions for submitting patches

> gzipped and uuencoded, then pasted into the email is not good?

No, unless your mailer will corrupt them otherwise.

If you encode or attach them, instead of just pasting them, then I
can't just hit (R)eply to comment on them, and I can't read them in my
mailer - I have to save them to disk first, then bring them up in a
separate editor, then paste them back into the mailer to comment on
them.

If your "file attach" function attaches them as plain 8-bit unencoded
text (not base64 or quoted-printable), that's acceptable, because MIME
basically leaves it as unchanged text.  It's harder to read when
mimeified, but I can still actually read it in the mailer.

Perhaps you have some strange belief that I apply patches without
actually *reading* them first?  ;-)