RE: cygwin: clear and path dir

you can clear the display by typing the command "clear" at the prompt.

you can display your current directory by putting the following line in your
.bashrc file:

PS1="\w-\$"
that will show your current directory, and a "-$" after,so you will end up
with a prompt that looks like this:

/dev/vex-$

hope that helps!

Thanks,
Frank Merenda | Senior Software Engineer
VetExchange   | http://www.VetExchange.com
fmerenda@VetExchange.com

"Don't believe the hype."

-- Public Enemy