RE: DLL & no-cygwin problem

> Hi,
>
> I've build a program with gcc (using -mno-cygwin option), and
> linked it against a library of my own (also build with
> -mno-cygwin). So I can run it without cygwin1.dll (and it works).
>
> Then, I wanted to make a DLL of my library, and I used dllwrap.
> I build my program again, it works, but now it cannot run without
> cygwin1.dll ! When I run objdump on my DLL, it shows that there
> are imports from cygwin1.dll :
>
> >	DLL Name: cygwin1.dll
> >	vma:  Hint/Ord Member-Name
> >	4b6b0	  498  abort
> >	4b6b8	  687  ftime
> >	4b6c0	  697  getcwd
> >	4b6cc	  881  putenv
> >	4b6d8	  999  stat
> >	4b6e0	 1008  strdup
> >	4b6ec	 1089  write

Hi again. I dug into my problem, and I've managed to solve it.
It seems that all the functions above are not defined as symbols
in libmingw32.a. There are in libcygwin.a, but also are in other
various libraries (libmoldname.a, libcrtdll.a, ...). I added
those libraries to my dllwrap command line, and now it works
(I can run my program without cygwin1.dll).

That looks a little bit strange to me (I would have expected that
because of the --m-no-cygwin flag, dllwrap would complain about
abort, ..., being undefined references, instead of linking with
libcygwin.a). Can anyone comment ?

Nicolas