Re: Some comment about Cygwin1.1.4

I've seen code like the following:
expr "$?path" = "1" > /dev/null && source /opt/bin/0ENV.csh \
        || [ "`type Load 2>&1`" = "Load not found" ] && . /opt/bin/0ENV.sh

I know for sure that this doesn't work for bash, but it should be trivial to
make it work.

Noel

cgf@cygnus.com on 2000.08.10 10:50:48

Please respond to cygwin@sources.redhat.com

To:   cygwin@sources.redhat.com
cc:   (bcc: Noel L Yap)
Subject:  Re: Some comment about Cygwin1.1.4

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 07:22:12AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 10:33:00AM -0400, Noel L Yap wrote:
>> >What's the behaviour of this when running csh or tcsh?
>>
>>Who knows?  Who cares?  This is intended to distinguish between ash and
>>bash.
>
>I care.  I'll try to work something up before the weekend.

You actually have a script which needs to run under tcsh, ash, and bash?
bash and tcsh use different names for their startup scripts so I'm not
sure why you'd need this.

cgf

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.