Re: untarring gcc-2.95.2-2 (howto use md5 ?)

Mark -
  this error is because /libiberty (the directory) is created as a link
to ../../libiberty or something like that. Remove the libiberty link,
and 'mkdir libiberty' instead. Then, 'tar xvzf gcc-2.95.2-2/libiberty/*'

  This isn't technically a packaging error, because the src tarball is
built to be unpackaged as part of a larger 'src' directory including
binutils and cygwin/winsup, which all use a shared libiberty directory.

Chris, should a note to this effect go in the FAQ into a gcc-2.95.2
CYGWIN-README?

--Chuck