Re: Problem with cygwin-1.1.2 gawk-3.0.4 [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gawk-3.0.4]

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 03:40:54PM +0200, Christian Jönsson wrote:
>well, the my guess right now is that the problem has with passing of chars
>between tcl and gawk. So, in that view, the problem *is* isolated. Earnie suggested
>experimenting with escaping and that's what I did. The "resulting, but not equivalent to
>unix/linux variants is this:

This "passing of chars" problem is coming with the use of an MSVC version of tcl/tk,
which has nothing to do with cygwin.

It looks like you've already identified the cygwin part of the problem.
tcl/tk probably does not like the symbolic link:

>lrw-r--r--   1 chj      unknown        19 Jun 25 18:00 /usr/bin/awk.exe -> gawk.exe*

that you previously reported.  Symbolic links are a cygwin construction and, as
I mentioned, tcl/tk is not a true cygwin application.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/         http://www.redhat.com/