Re: setup-1_48

DJ Delorie wrote:

> Setup will check the DLL version (timestamp?) of cygwin1.dll to
> determine if it needs to upgrade or not (to accomodate snapshots).
> Not so for the other packages.  The ability to track what *is*
> installed vs what *should* be installed has been an interesting
> challenge :-)

Yeah, but setup.exe does (did?) do this better. It fills in the Installed
Components bits of the registry and uses that to decide whether to update,
i.e.:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Installed
Components\C:/cygwin
  (default) = `20000517'
  bash = `0002.0004.0001'
  binutils = `19990818.0002'
  bison = `0000'
  byacc = `0000'
  bzip = `0000'
  clear = `0001.0000'
[snip rest]

It may be imprecise, but it's better than nothing surely?

Jifl